The CHMPN aims to join private practice physicians, in collaboration with the Children’s Hospital of Michigan, into a single comprehensive pediatric care management system that is designed to control costs and improve the quality of health care services. The CHMPN is pediatric specific: Only providers caring for children can be members of the CHMPN which means that we will finally have a voice all our own in the marketplace. The CHMPN is unique because it specifically focuses on pediatrics. This allows us to concentrate our efforts on improving the quality of care offered to children in our area.
The CHMPN was formed with four exploratory task forces comprised of local pediatric physicians:
Clinically Integrated Network
Communication & Connectivity
Special Needs Children / Care Management
These physicians agreed upon the following goals and objectives:
- The CHMPN must be a physician led and run organization
- It will improve quality of care for patients by designing quality programs and choosing measures that result in better health outcomes for all pediatric patients
- It will assist physicians in navigating industry changes by providing quality care, improving communication between providers of that care, and negotiating with one voice in the marketplace.
- It will utilize the existing the Children’s Hospital of Michigan facilities and resources with the strength of the CHMPN as an integrated organization with primary care pediatricians, pediatric specialists and the Children’s Hospital of Michigan to serve the extraordinary clinical and social needs of children with special health needs
- It will create proper incentives through a contracting framework which rewards success in managing a population of patients
- It will have a strong pediatric-specific voice in the marketplace with insurers
- It will become the network of choice for payers, employers, and patients by offering a differentiated network of high quality, clinically-integrated pediatric physicians demonstrating best outcomes
Are you interested in learning more about the CHMPN? Please check our FAQ for additional Information.